Heat Pump Maintenance & Tune-up in Snohomish, WA
The performance of a heat pump is directly correlated with how well it is maintained. On average, heat pumps are going to last around fifteen years before needing to be replaced. Homeowners need to make sure they seek professional HVAC technicians for Heating Services, to keep their units operating at their prime.
How Does a Heat Pump Work?
Before understanding the importance of maintenance and tune-ups, it is wise for homeowners to better understand how their heat pumps work, so they will know how to care for them appropriately.
These units work by moving air into the home or out. A heat pump uses cooling coils and heating cools, depending on the type of unit. Heat pumps are an efficient way to keep a home comfortable all year long. With proper Heat Pump Maintenance, homeowners will be able to rest assured their heat pumps will last as long as possible and will be less likely to break down and need major repairs.
What are the Benefits of Heat Pump Care?
Homeowners need to be aware of the benefits they can experience as a result of seeking regular Heating Services from HVAC technicians. The following are some of the biggest benefits of seeking these services from professionals.
- One of the biggest benefits homeowners will notice is improved efficiency. When a heat pump has been properly maintained, it is going to be able to work more smoothly, so a homeowner’s energy expenditure will lessen.
- Another huge benefit of maintenance is the ability to improve and protect the lifespan of a heat pump unit. Homeowners want these heat pump units to last as long as possible, so they do not have the expense of replacement to handle.
- If a homeowner has a warranty on their heat pump, the manufacturer will likely require them to have maintenance carried out on a specific schedule. Failure to follow through with maintenance could void the warranty.
- Homeowners can also experience the benefit of finding minor issues before they become major problems. When a technician comes out to perform a Heat Pump Tune-up, they will check the entire system and report any issues to the homeowner.
It is clear to see that there are a lot of benefits of seeking regular maintenance appointments for heat pumps. Homeowners in Snohomish need to make sure they rely on HVAC professionals to get the job done correctly. These professionals can provide a wide array of services, to keep a heat pump operating effectively and efficiently.
What Steps Are Involved in Maintenance and Tune-Ups
Homeowners are often curious about what they can expect from these services. Knowing what is involved in tune-ups and maintenance will help homeowners to be better prepared to seek these services when they are needed.
- The technician will inspect both the coolant and pressure levels for correctness.
- They will also ensure the thermostat is operating correctly.
- HVAC technicians will inspect all the wiring and components for signs of damage or loosening.
- They will inspect the condensate drain, to ensure it is free of any obstructions.
- The technicians will inspect the outdoor unit thoroughly and check for any signs of problems.
- They will check the compressor and ensure it is creating the right amperage.
The HVAC technicians will also perform various safety checks, to ensure the heat pump is operating safely and efficiently. Should any issues be discovered during the course of an inspection, the team will inform the homeowner, so repairs can be sought right away.
Signs a Heat Pump Is In Need of Repair
Keeping a heat pump operating efficiently means having routine maintenance carried out often. It also means homeowners need to pay careful attention to the signs of problems, so they will know when to seek heat pump repair services. Operating a heat pump in a state of disrepair will only lead to continued damage and could cause a complete system failure. If a homeowner notices any of these signs, they need to call for heat pump services right away.
- Frozen coils should never be ignored. If there is an accumulation of ice, it can be caused by a dirty filter, refrigerant leaks, or something else that needs to be addressed.
- Often, one of the first signs a homeowner will notice is increased energy costs. If the electric bills are rising, it is time to have the heat pump checked.
- Short cycling can also become a problem with heat pumps. If the unit turns on and off frequently, the issue could lie within the thermostat or could be caused by something more serious.
Homeowners who have noticed any of these issues need to call for repair right away. Prompt repairs will help to prolong the system life, along with regular maintenance and frequent tune-ups.
All Heating Contractors proudly serve the HVAC needs of homeowners living in Snohomish and surrounding areas. They offer a full range of services to meet the needs of their customers.