Heat Pump Maintenance in Snohomish, WA
How Does a Heat Pump Work?
These units work by moving heat out of or into the building. “Cool” is not created by any air conditioner. Heat can only be removed from a building. Heat pumps remove heat from a building in the cooling mode or they capture the naturally occurring heat in outside air and move it indoors.
What are the Benefits of Heat Pump Maintenance?
Homeowners need to be aware of the benefits they can experience as a result of seeking regular heat pump services. The following are some of the biggest benefits of seeking these services from professionals.
- One of the biggest benefits of maintenance is improved efficiency. When a heat pump has been properly maintained it is going to work more efficiently.
- Another benefit of heat pump maintenance is the ability to improve and protect the lifespan of a heat pump unit.
- The warranty on the heat pump will likely require maintenance on a specific schedule. Failure to follow through with maintenance could void the warranty.
- Minor issues are caught before they become major problems. The technician will check the heat pump system and report issues to the homeowner.
It is clear to see that there are a lot of benefits of seeking regular maintenance appointments for heat pumps. Homeowners in Snohomish need to make sure they rely on All Heating to get the job done correctly.
Need to schedule an appointment for heat pump service? Give us a call today at (425) 743-5000.
What Steps Are Involved in Heat Pump Maintenance
Homeowners are often curious about what they can expect from these services.
- The technician inspects the coolant pressure levels.
- They ensure the thermostat is operating.
- The technician inspects the wiring and the various components for damage.
- They inspect the condensate drain.
- The technician inspects the outdoor unit.
- They will check the compressor to ensure it is operating at the correct amperage.
The HVAC technicians will also perform various safety checks to ensure the heat pump is operating safely and efficiently. Should any issues be discovered during the course of an inspection the team will inform the homeowner so repairs can be completed.
Signs That Your Heat Pump Needs Repair
Keeping a heat pump operating efficiently means having routine maintenance carried out. It also means homeowners need to pay attention for signs of a problem. Operating a heat pump in a state of disrepair will only lead to continued damage and could cause system failure.
Watch for the following:
- Frozen coils should never be ignored. An accumulation of ice can be caused by a dirty filter or a refrigerant leak.
- One of the first signs a homeowner may notice is an increase in energy costs. If the electric bills are rising it may be time to have the heat pump checked.
- Short cycling can also become a problem with heat pumps. If the unit turns on and off too frequently give us a call.
If you’ve noticed any of these issues in your home give us a call to schedule repair services. Prompt heat pump maintenance and repair services will help to prolong the system life. We proudly serve the HVAC needs of homeowners living in Snohomish, WA and surrounding areas.